Free Effective Facilitation Workshops
Youth Music has funded Good Vibrations to run a series of immersive, day-long Effective Facilitation workshops for music practitioners working with young people in challenging circumstances. On 26th February 2017 we will be running a free workshop in central London (at The Royal College of Music). In the training, practitioners will:
- Immerse themselves in the experience of being a participant in a condensed, typical Good Vibrations course.
- Observe an experienced facilitator modelling a range of facilitation techniques and experience the impact on group dynamics and musical outcomes.
- Have fun and get the opportunity to get to know other practitioners working in challenging circumstances.
- Put on a performance and get to keep a CD of the music created on the day.
- Learn a new skill - to play the Javanese gamelan orchestra!
- Be given new Royal College of Music research on Good Vibrations' facilitative approach - the theory behind what they experience on the day.
- Come out feeling inspired about the potential of incorporating the new facilitation techniques they've learnt into their practice.
Anyone wishing to register their interest should email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Places are limited to 20.
This page last updated Oct 27th 2016.