Self soothing practice
(Guest author: Elma Chapman)
Self Soothing Practice Finger Holds
The Ancient Art of Harmonising life energy in the body
My destiny is in my own hands – Mary Burmeister
The truth is that within each of us lies the power to cast all misery aside and to KNOW complete Peace and Oneness to BE that beautiful creation of perfect harmony to truly KNOW (Help) MYSELF – Mary Burmeister
This practice is the simplest form of maintaining good health – all illness begins with a slight imbalance of energy within the body systems – therefore let go the idea of how and why it works and just soothe yourself with the practice.
There is no cost involved, no equipment, it can be carried out anywhere, anytime – even on a busy bus, waiting in a traffic jam, watching telly – anywhere!
A good habit to get into is probably as you wind down to sleep and if you have the time, then first thing in the morning as you wake up in bed – nice start to the day.
To start with all you need is presence with yourself and of course your hands.
This practice will calm you and help you respond, rather than react to challenges life presents – will not take away the reality of the situation you find yourself in, but it will support you in how to deal with it.
- Choose a finger
- Wrap the opposite hand around it
- Whilst holding it as long as you wish
- Focus on your breath coming in and out
- Give yourself permission to be present with yourself and relax
- For the palm hold – you just place your thumb in the palm of the opposite hand – bit like holding your own hand – we all need someone to hold our hand – so why not yourself?
That is it – simple but effective – and available even as you chat/interview/meet your fears……………Happy Holding!