Sharing Good Vibrations – celebrating 10 years of Good Vibrations, at the Southbank Centre from Thursday 17 October – Sunday 20 October 2013.
Join us for four days of workshops, presentations, debates and performances as we highlight the creative, important and inspiring work done with gamelan (and other artforms) in criminal justice and the community.
Over the four days of events we will be exploring three main themes:
• The psychological and social benefits of gamelan and other artforms.
• The realities and challenges of running arts projects in criminal-justice settings.
• The practicalities of facilitating gamelan workshops and other arts with challenging client groups, and celebrating the art created.
The event is of benefit to anybody interested in the role of arts in reducing reoffending and in generating wider social benefits, for example:
• prison governors
• prison staff responsible for organising arts activities
• prison education providers
• those working in secure hospitals and other secure settings
• probation and YOI services
Confirmed speakers include:
• Nick Hardwick (Chief Inspector of Prisons)
• Michael Spurr (Chief Executive of the Prison Service)
• Professor Alison Liebling (Cambridge University’s Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice)
• Alan Davey (Chief Executive of Arts Council England)
• plus prison governors, officers and leading arts-in-criminal-justice organisations
To book tickets and for more information about the content of the days go to the Southbank website. Download an e-flyer here.
One Day Pass (for 17, 18, 19 or 20 October): £150 (£75 concessions)
Joint Pass for Thursday 17 & Friday 18 October: £280
Joint Pass for Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 October: £280
Four-Day Pass (17 – 20 October): £390
Bursaries covering up to 100% of ticket costs are available from Good Vibrations to enable people to attend who cannot otherwise afford it. Prison staff with very limited training budgets are particularly encouraged to apply for these. For more info email: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Sharing Good Vibrations Bursaries’ in the subject header and giving your name, job title, prison name/organisation and which day or days you would like to attend.